Thursday, June 24, 2010

Back to Reality

So I haven't posted in a while, but just for a quick update, I'm finally home for the summer and back working at Hannaford 30-40 hours a week. What a life.

I also just started an internship with the Speech Therapy program here where I live! Yesterday was my first day, I go every Wednesday all summer 8am to noon. It was actually really fun and really interesting! I think I'll get a lot out of this experience and it's an amazing opportunity for me to get to do this only as a Sophomore in college! If you didn't know, I want to go to graduate school after Farmington and get my Masters in Speech Therapy, so this is perfect for me to start early. :)

So, tomorrow, June 25... is my birthday! I'm going to be 19 years old! Not that it's that important of an age, but still.. a birthday is a birthday; always fun :)
For my birthday, I'm having some of my friends from school come down for the weekend! I'm so excited because I haven't seen a couple of them in a really long time! We're going to be staying at my camp on Mousam Lake for the weekend, and even though we sold our boats and jet ski last year (because we're getting new ones) we'll still have fun! We have a water trampoline, a huge dock, our camp has a big sandy beach and of course.. we're going to go out Jeepin' in my Jeep Wrangler!
Only thing is that I asked for the weekend off at Hannaford, but they didn't give it to me.. for some reason. One of my best friends, Kyle, took my shift on my birthday for me though, such an awesome friend. :) I'm still trying to find someone to take my Saturday shift, but hopefully I'll find someone!
But, needless to say, this weekend is going to be awesome.


I've also decided that I'm going to have my own little car cleaning business.. because last Saturday, I was outside literally all day working on my car and my moms car.. cleaning them inside and outside. They look amazing, if I do say so myself :)
I worked really hard, especially on my car because it had a lot of scratches, bugs that were like cemented on and some hardened tar.
Well, I got all of that off, and I buffed out most of the scratches. It looks so good. So good, that I don't want to take it out because I don't want it to get dirty! Every time I have taken it out though, I polish it when I get back home.
I know, this may sound ridiculous to some people, but to me.. having a good looking car is important to me, and my mom likes her car to be clean too.

So anyway, a bunch of people have seen my car and my moms car and want me to clean their cars too.. for money. :) So I can't turn down an offer like that! I now have an additional 5 cars to clean either this weekend or sometime this coming week.

Here are some pictures of my car and my moms car after I cleaned them:




This is my moms car. 2008 Volvo S40 Turbo.
Her rims had been like.. dark grey, almost black because they were so dirty, and now they're clean silver like they were when she got the car!









This is my car. 2000 Volkswagen Jetta MKIV VR6. I love my car.
My rims are black, by the way, they're definitely not hub caps. I'll never get a car with hub caps.

No comments:

Post a Comment