Wednesday, June 9, 2010

JETTABUG.

I actually forgot to write about my improvements and my cars improvements! (the Jettabug)
On Friday, May 28th, I brought my car (2000 Volkswagen Jetta VR6) to the New England Dragway in Epping, NH for the second time. I went with my cousin, Jonathan, my friend and Jonathan's girlfriend, Catherine, and my friend David and Jonathan's mom came too, Jonathan actually brought her new car, a 2010 Ford Fusion Sport.. which I picked out for her, by the way :)

So the last time I went with them, it was opening night for Street Night and it was packed, and I only got to race twice because it was so busy.
My first run, my car ran low 17 seconds at 84mph.. slow.
My second run, my car ran high 16 seconds at 84mph.. a little better, but still slow.
My reaction times for both runs were around .938 seconds (your reaction time is your reaction on the line when the light turns green) and my reaction times weren't bad for my first time, but slow.

So it wasn't too busy, and I was excited to go a bunch of times. Catherine rode with me in the car for my first 4 or 5 runs, and she said it was fun! Then she got out to go and watch with David and Jonathan's mom, because Jonathan convinced his mom to let him race her car.. haha, of course :)

After Catherine got out of my car, I just kept going, and going, and going.... and going because my times just kept getting better and better! Then eventually there was a break for everyone.. racers, spectators.. everyone. for about half an hour.

Then eventually when it got to be around.. 9:45pm it was just Jonathan and I racing each other over and over and over again because everyone else was packing up getting ready to go, because the dragway closes at 10pm.

Needless to say, it was a FUN night, and I got to race SO many times.. pretty sure it was about 20 times that I got to go :)

My best times? Well.. my car got down to low 16.21 seconds at 87mph!! improved from last time which was high 16 seconds at 84mph, huh? :)
(this is over a 1/4 of a mile, by the way)
And my reaction time? That improved from .938 seconds.... to .028 seconds!!! YES.
AND I won one of my races!! By A LOT! Smoked em'! I was SO excited.. beat by a girl in a Jetta, what now? :)

I'd say it was a very successful night for me, and Jonathan too.. he beat the expectations of the 2010 Ford Fusion Sport that were in Car & Driver Magazine.. so he was pretty happy too!

Next time we go, I'm bringing my moms car, 2008 Volvo S40 Turbo... it's a fast car, so I'm hoping it does well :)

Anyway.. here are some pictures from the night at the dragway:




Theres me on the right, against a 2010 Ford SHO, and Catherine was in the passenger seat!




Yeah, lost to the SHO, but I did get him off the line :)
(meaning I started faster and was in the lead for a little bit)





Theres Jonathan on the right, against a Jetta 1.8t




Obviously Jonathan won :)





Catherine and I during the break. :)





Jonathan showing off the 2010 Ford Fusion Sport, engine and all, during the break.. as if it's his car, gotta love him :)




Jonathan and I racing. I'm on the left, and yes I did actually get him off the line and was beating him until the 1/8th of the mile. :)




This was the point where he caught up to me.




And this.. was the race that I won! Got him off the line by a lot, and I beat him by A LOT! :) love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment