Monday, September 13, 2010

Such a good weekend...

So, this past weekend was quite an eventful and fun weekend! On Friday, September 10th, me, Jonathan and Catherine left to go to Bangor for the weekend after we all got out of our classes.
The reason for going to Bangor for the reason is for the Jason Mraz concert! We got tickets like 2 months ago, along with some of our other friends!
Jonathan and I stayed at Catherine's house for the weekend, it was fun, I love her family, so friendly and fun :)

So we got there around 5ish, had dinner and were trying to decide what to do. Well, Alan Jackson (the country singer, incase you didn't know him) was performing at 8 at the Bangor Waterfront (same place Jason Mraz was going to be performing as well). We didn't have tickets, but we decided to go anyway. The Bangor Waterfront is all outdoor, so we sat on a hill right next to the stage and everything. So basically, free concert! He was really good too, I knew a lot of his songs because my dad and I used to listen to country all the time, and I remember quite a few of his songs because my dad liked Alan Jackson.



So the tour Alan Jackson is on right now is called "Freight Train Tour".. as we were walking by one of his trailers and walking up to where the concert was, a Freight train rolled by right in front of us. Weird, right?



There's the beginning of the Freight train.... and it was a LONG train.


So Saturday, September 11th, was finally the day of the Jason Mraz concert! It wasn't until 8pm though.. so what to do during the day to pass the time? Started out doing homework, but Jonathan, Catherine, Jon (Catherine's brother) and I ended up going to a car show at the Bangor Waterfront (haha 2nd time there in one weekend).
I love car shows so I was pretty excited. Jonathan was all serious and told us at least one fact about almost every car we walked by, but it was still fun!
Here are some pictures I took of some of the cars I liked and some cars that I just thought were ridiculous and kind of pointless..



So this was a GMC Duramax Diesel.. there was SO MUCH DETAIL put into this truck.. a little too much if you ask me.



This was the bed of that Duramax.. all polished wood and a mirror on the top and in the back.. just too much.



Soooo... I have nothing against Neons, personally I'll never own one, but I mean this neon just made me laugh, who does this much to a Neon? When all the cars were leaving at the end of the show, they were allowed to do a small burnout.. this thing could barely even spin the tires.



A Chrysler Sebring. Definitely would not be my first choice of car to put so much money into.. especially the graphics all over it.. not my thing, but for some people it is, so hey, good for them!



Oh yeahh, gotta have the good ol' VDub! It was a GTI VR6. Sexy. ;)



Gotta have the Audi too... VDub's and Audi's go hand in hand :)



And of course, the Mustangs :) These were the newer models, the older models were on the other side.



One of the older model Mustangs, can't remember what year, but it was niceee ;)



Of courseee, a Chevelle. Love it. :)


So anyway, the car show was awesome. Lots of really cool cars. Then we went home, got ready, the rest of our friends who were coming to the concert came over to Catherine's so we could all have dinner. Catherine's mom cooked for us, she's a veryy good cook :)

Robert Francis was the opening performer for Jason Mraz. I had never heard of him before, but he was really good!
We originally started way in the back (still not that far away from the stage) in General Admission. Then we moved down the right side of where the seated people were, still in General Admission, but we were closer to the stage. Then the security people opened the gates and let us go down into the pit area where people payed $50 to be down there and we only payed $25 :)



So we started out this far away, in the back in General Admission.



Then we moved down the right side of the gate, still in General admission, and were about this far away.. a lot closer.



Then the security opened the gate and we got to go down to the pit area and we were this close! Sooo closeee! JASON MRAZ! :)

Overall, the concert was absolutely amazing. I didn't know every single song that he sang, but it was still so much fun! He's an awesome performer.. I like him better in person than on the radio! If that even makes sense? Well it does to me :)

All-in-all, it was a fantastic weekend! Had such a good time with all of my friends that were able to go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment